Hola, nice to meet you.


I'm originally from Madrid, Spain, where I was a copywriter at some of the country's best ad agencies. However, I always had an interest in art direction and graphic design, and when I moved to Vancouver in 2003, I made the switch, studying at Emily Carr Institute of Art and Design, and working as an Art Director at Rethink Vancouver.


In 2005, I moved back to Madrid to start a creative shop called Purr, where we created and produced short films, TV commercials, documentaries and branded content. My roles included everything from cameraman to producer, to assistant director to writer.


Here in Toronto, I've been freelancing since 2008, and I just completed a intensive course in UX Design at Brainstation.


I've always tried to bring a unique approach to everything I do, whether I'm writing, designing, cooking or building Lego empires with my 10 year-old daughter. I'm looking forward to bringing my experience and passion into production.


Cheers,

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

El Aperitivo

Purr created, produced this pilot, called "El Aperitivo", to promote the new matinee session at Cine Ideal, owned by Yelmo Cineplex.

A very simple idea: 4 friends go to the movies on a Sunday morning (actually more like between 11 and noon) and then talk about the film having an "Aperitivo" (the Spanish traditional snack consisting in wine, beer or vermouth with a few tapas before a lunch that usually never comes).

Initially planned to be broadcast on-line and through cellphones, the project never ran.

I created, produced, wrote and acted (too bad I couldn't operate the camera while acting).